Do note that Selected Items - Import AyaNova Contacts will also update existing Outlook contacts with the same name with the latest AyaNova information
To import selected AyaNova contacts (either selected Clients, or selected Head Offices, or selected Vendors of a certain vendor type) into the Outlook Contacts folder viewing:
1. It is suggested to create an specific AyaNova Contacts folder so that all AyaNova contacts are imported into this separate from your regular Outlook Contacts. This way you can easily delete the entire folder if need be as well as keep separate.
2. Before selecting the menu option to import the AyaNova contacts, make sure that you have selected and are viewing the Contacts folder you want these AyaNova contacts imported into.
3. Select the menu option AyaNova -> Selected Items... -> Import AyaNova Contacts from the Outlook Contacts menu
4. If you have not yet been asked to log in via OLI (as have not selected any other menu option since running this session of Outlook), than the OLI login window will appear.
Log in as an AyaNova user that is a member of a security group that has rights to Clients, Head Offices and Vendors.
5. The Choose contact type: window appears
6. If you have not yet mapped phone and address fields between AyaNova and Outlook, do so before proceeding.
•If you do not, than your AyaNova contacts imported will not have their phone and addresses imported.
•Refer to the section Map Phone and Address Fields Option
•Do note of course that you can access by the Map Phone and Address Fields button from this window
7. Import selected AyaNova contacts
a. For example, if you want to import selected AyaNova clients contact information, than click on the Client button
b. A list of all of your AyaNova clients will display
c. Use your mouse to checkmark all clients you want to import. You can also use the All button to checkmark all.
d. Select the OK button to import these selected clients into your Outlook contacts folder that you are viewing
e. If you want to import selected Vendors, first select the type of vendor contacts you want imported and second click on the Vendor button
f. The All Done! window will pop up to let you know the import is finished.
8. Selected Items - Import AyaNova Contacts will also update existing Outlook contacts with the same name with the latest AyaNova information
•You already have an AyaNova client with the Client name: Beans By Bob, and you already have an Outlook contact with Company name: Beans By Bob that are the same in all details.
•You edit the phone number of the AyaNova client Beans By Bob and save.
•When you select this option to import AyaNova Contacts, select Clients, and select Beans By Bob to import, the Outlook contact Beans By Bob will be updated with the new phone number from the AyaNova client Beans By Bob