<< Click to Display Table of Contents >>
Navigation: WBI Requirements, Installation & Configuration on the Server >
WBI Server Common Issues
The following is a list of common reasons why you maybe unable to use WBI - check each and confirm not the issue:
1. AyaNova has not been configured for network access:
•You can not access via WBI a default stand-alone installation of the AyaNova database
•You can only access via WBI a networked AyaNova database
•Refer to the AyaNova Help documentation on configuring for network access using network Firebird, SQL Express or SQL Server.
2. Your computer is not using Microsoft.NET Framework 4:
•To check current version of .NET framework, look in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework (or equivalent on your computer) and you will see directories that indicate the current version of the framework you have installed - you should have at minimum v4 listed
3. IIS has become un-registered to use Microsoft.NET Framework 4 and needs to be re-registered:
Below is an example specifically for Microsoft.NET Framework 4.0.3
Newer versions of .NET would of course have a different path. Check your computer for your actual path.
•On your computer, click Start, and then click Run.
•In the Open text box, type cmd, and then press ENTER.
•At the command prompt, type the following, and then press ENTER:
•The assumes you have confirmed you DO have .NET 4 installed - and this re-registers ASP.NET 4 with your IIS (it is very common for IIS to need this done).
•The above assumes that is the version of 4 you have installed - confirm what yours actually is.
4. If you encounter an error message installing WBI - make sure that you do have a Default Web Site in your IIS (Internet Information Services) - see the forum topic http://forum.ayanova.com/t/unable-to-install-wbi-because-default-web-site-is-no-longer-in-iis/1791
5. If you encounter a 404 error bringing up the WBI login page when performing step #2 of testing on the server itself, check out the forum topic http://forum.ayanova.com/t/if-receive-page-not-found-or-404-error-or-400-error-testing-wbi/1125
Also check out other forum topics regarding WBI, RI and MBI common issues in the forum section
6. Port used is not configured on your router to be forwarded to the WBI server:
If you are able to perform the internal network testing using the local IP address of the WBI server and port number, but remote Internet users outside of your local network are not able to connect, that may indicate that you have not configured your router to forward outside requests to the correct IP address
Every model router is different so we can not provide directions here.
You will need to check your manual for your router on how to configure to forward
Basically, most models you bring up the software configuration by connecting to the router via your web browser, go into Advanced settings, go into Forwarding settings, enter the internal IP address of the WBI server, enter the Port number outside Internet users would enter to be redirected to the WBI server (same port number the Default Web Site is set to use in Computer Management)
Your router's static Internet IP address is 3188.8.131.52
The Default Web Site TCP Port is set to 8989
The WBI server's internal IP address is 192.168.1.100
You install and configure WBI
You configure your router to forward port 8989 to 192.168.1.100
Remote Internet users would enter the URL of http://3184.108.40.206:8989/AyaNovaWBI to bring up the login page for accessing via WBI
7. Check your IIS logs
•Open Internet Information Services (IIS)
•Right-click on Default Web Site and select Properties
•On the Web Site tab, at the bottom is the Active Log Format; select the properties button next to it
•You'll now have a box that contains the log file directory and the log file name. Together they make the full log path.
•Open your Windows Explorer to that folder and that file name and than you can view that log file as it might also provide information on what the issue is a result of; or provide error messages that you can than search for online.
8. Check to see if Compatibility View in Internet Explorer resolves the issue
If issue has to do with accessing a feature within WBI, check to see if enabling Compatibility View in Internet Explorer resolves it or not.
If you encounter an issue and the above does not resolve:
1. If you encounter an issue, double-check that all requirements have been met, and then to go through the installation and configuration steps again.
2. If you encounter an issue, and are unable to determine the cause after confirming every single step and the solutions above, check out the AyaNova Support Forum for similar issues and solutions posted by other AyaNova users.
3. If you have confirmed each of your steps, and do not find a solution on the AyaNova Support Forum, provide ALL of the following information in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Operating system of your IIS WBI server
2. Exact point where the issue occurs
• Identify the exact step you are at if in the process of configuration.
• Identify each step you have performed up to that point and the information from those steps (i.e port number, path location of installation, etc )
• Identify what you expected to happen, and identify what does actually happen.
• If any messages, be sure to provide all text and the order messages appear in.
3. Copy of your config.txt file from the WBI server attached to your message and the exact path where you copied it from (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNovaWBI\bin)
4. Copy of your AyaNova Details - log into AyaNova, select menu Help -> About AyaNova. Copy all details to a NotePad document, save and attach
5. In relation to the AyaNova database, where is AyaNova WBI installed? (i.e on the same computer where database is installed; or on a computer within the same local network as the AyaNova database server; or ?)
6. Confirmation of the internal ip address of your WBI server
7. The exact URL address you are entering in your web browser when using localhost, and the exact URL used when using the internal ip - and is this web browser on a computer on your internal network, or a remote computer?
8. Copy of your IIS log file.
9. Confirmation that you have run the re-registry of ASP.NET 4 with IIS using aspnet_regiis.exe and that it was successful.